Alberta Government Consultations: 2010-2012: Inform, Connect, Protect.
The NSRK provided both an individual and collective voice for the river community in a number of hearings and public consultations related the water quality of the NSR Watershed.
The NSRK works collaboratively with other stakeholders when planning for the future of our watershed. Much of the policy, plans, and legislation for Alberta and the NSRwatershed will be on the table in the coming years, and we will be there.
The NSRK will be providing input and recommendations for the following public consultations:
- The Alberta Utilities Commission Inquiry into Hydroelectric Power Generation project approvals in Alberta. Ongoing. Submissions completed. Comments on Summary Report in October 2010
- Alberta Environment Water Allocation Policy Review.
- Alberta Environment Wetland Policy Guidelines.
- North Saskatchewan Basin Regional Advisory Council Terms of Reference as part of the implementation of the Land Use Framework under the Land Use Stewardship Act. (planned)
- Industrial Heartland Public Consultations on Wetlands, Sturgeon River and NS River Future Impacts on Water Quality and Aquatic Health. (planned)