Vision and Mission
Our vision is for a North Saskatchewan watershed where we all have the ability to safely and enjoyably swim, drink, and fish.
Our mission is to restore, preserve, and protect the quality and biodiversity of our watershed through actions that inform and connect our community with the North Saskatchewan River.
How we’re achieving our goals
- We provide information, issues awareness and education for all citizens so they may safely and enjoyably connect with the waters of the North Saskatchewan River.
- We impart a hands-on freshwater presence through pollution monitoring, action, and follow-up on citizen complaints.
- We advocate for proper monitoring, compliance, enforcement, and oversight with respect to our environmental laws and regulations.
- We provide ongoing support and implementation for water quality research and remediation projects in the watershed.
- We strive for sustainable watershed management legislation and practices by providing stakeholders and regulators with scientific, purposeful, and objective input.
- We maximize expertise and resources through a collaborative and communicative approach to watershed education, projects, and policy consultations.
Support and Affiliations
The NSRK is a registered charity in Canada and a licensed member of Waterkeeper Alliance, an international nonprofit made up of over 300 Waterkeeper Organizations and Affiliates. With the support of Robert F. Kennedy Jr and his international alliance of waterkeepers, we are working for a swimmable, drinkable, fishable North Saskatchewan River.
We are also a member of the Alberta Environmental Network Water Caucus, a group of environmental NGOs and stakeholders seeking collaborative input and recommendations for water issues in Alberta.